France-Kosovo - Undergraduate Research School
France-Kosovo Undergraduate Research School of Mathematics – Collège franco-kosovar de formation à la recherche en mathématiques
The France-Kosovo Undergraduate Research School of Mathematics brings together the most gifted students in mathematics from the University of Pristina and young French mathematicians for nine intensive lectures devoted to modern fields of mathematics.
This is a joint project of the Laboratoire d’excellence Milyon, the French Embassy in Pristina, and the University of Pristina. It started at the end of 2015 at the initiative of the French association Animath and of Qëndrim Gashi, Professor of mathematics at the University of Pristina. It aims at preparing the future generation of Kosovar scientists through living introductions to present day science.
Three times a year, three French lecturers meet a group of selected students for a four-day school in Pristina based on a flipped classroom approach.
Forthcoming school: Fifth France–Kosovo school
March 10th–13th 2017
- Oriane Blondel (CNRS and Université Lyon 1): Measure theory
- Matthieu Dussaule (Université de Nantes): An introduction to geometric group theory
- Pierre Perruchaud (Rennes): Introduction to Ergodic Theory. A first step towards chaos
Other forthcoming schools
- Ninth France-Kosovo school: May 4th–7th 2018
- Eighth France-Kosovo school: March 2nd–5th 2018
- Seventh France-Kosovo school: December 1st–4th 2017
- Sixth France-Kosovo school: May 12th–15th 2017